Thursday, May 03, 2007

Daydream Tulip

Daydream Tulip

I was very disappointed in this tulip when I first saw pale lemon coloured blooms. I wondered why I would have bought it and to make it worse, it was blooming with the daffodils, which are a much brighter yellow. Then after a few days I noticed some orangey-coloured tulip blooms and realized that the color was changing with age.

This is Daydream too!

Daydream is a Darwin hybrid. Previously I had not been excited about the hybrid tulips because I thought they were a little boring and because they pretty much die out after one year.

Darwin hybrids are different in that they are supposed to come back year after year and still look great. I sure hope so!!

3 Comments:

Blogger permafrog said...

I hope it comes back too, it is a very attractive tulip.

7:22 a.m.  
Blogger Gardenista said...

How lucky you are to have tulips blooming already! I am hoping my little botanical tulips will bloom in the next few days. Do you know the name of this tulip?

8:51 p.m.  
Blogger Muriel said...

Gardenista, I went to your blog and I see that you are located in a very cold part of our country!

I had neglected to label my pictures last time. Sorry. The labels are in place now. Its called Daydream.

1:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home