Friday, March 09, 2007

Salix irrorata

I think I feel an urge to boast a little.

I do a website for a nursery that sells ornamental grasses and willows. I also answer email, etc. About two weeks ago Adrian Higgins from the Washington Post contacted the owner, wanting to do an article on willows and asked for a picture of one of the willows. I had taken this picture of Salix irrorata and on Thursday, Mar 1 it was published, along with a really nice write-up about willows and Bluestem Nursery. We have been flooded with orders ever since. It is absolutely amazing how many people have ordered cuttings of this willow!!

Salix irrorata

I looked for the article, so as to provide a link to it, but it appears to be already gone from the Washington Post website.

Bluestem Nursery also had a request from a company that makes plant tags. They wanted my picture of Salix pentandra. They actually paid me for it. Whoopeee!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

I just happened upon this picture at Garden Voices ... I've added your blog to my 'playing in the dirt' listings.

Good blog.

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Muriel said...

And I have added you to mine. I love blog's name!

8:42 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great picture... and I love Bluestem's site. I haven't ordered from them yet because they're so far away (okay, and I have a tiny yard) but I love to browse around the website and dream.

6:40 p.m.  
Blogger Muriel said...

Glad you like the website blackswamp_girl. I love crafting it into something really useful to people. It also cuts down on the questions I have to answer! LOL

10:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home