Friday, September 29, 2006

Small Dragonflies


There have been an abundance of squirrels, frogs and dragonflies this summer. Oh yes, and rose slugs. The dragonflies and frogs are friendly, but the other two have caused considerable damage (see below).

I was happy to finally catch a photo of any sort of dragonfly, as I had previously noted that the big ones hover and just as I grab my camera they fly away. This shot was taken from a chair and was quite a distance from the rhodo they had landed on.

3 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

beautiful picture,how close were you to the plant from your chair/

3:30 p.m.  
Blogger Muriel said...

Glad you like the picture Snappy.

I went out and checked and I figure I was about 8-10' away. My camera has a 12x zoom, so its easy to just press the button and zoom up real close.

6:29 p.m.  
Blogger Puget4 said...

Beautiful shot. The dragon and damsel flies are so interesting and delicate looking.

10:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home