Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Molineux and Rose Slugs

Molineux

Probably the first thing that catches the eye is this threesome of gorgeous roses, but if you look above the flowers you will see some leaves that have been eaten. The culprit is a little green worm that can only be found on the underside of the leaves, and by no means is it munching beside every hole you will find. Sometimes you have to look at the backside of many leaves to find the little munchers. The first time I encountered them I was astonished to find that an army of them can do major damage in a single day. So I now watch for holes in new leaves and then I have a squish-fest. Yep, I can squish with the best of them.

Molineux

I first found out about this gorgeous rose on the GardenWeb forums where someone with the nickname of none-other-than molineux ranted and raved about it and put pictures online that were even more gorgeous than these. He also pointed out that it smells wonderful. So even though I already had placed an order with Pickering, I simply had to place another so I could have this rose!!

It has not disappointed. Other than being short this year (it never gets very tall) it has bloomed well and has had no disease (blackspot is rarely a problem here in the very dry interior of BC) and mildew is non-existent.

It is hard to control the camera when I am around this rose!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home