Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sod Furniture

Today I discovered a site called StumbleUpon. After I downloaded the toolbar I now have, just a click away, a never-ending supply of websites on the subjects I have checked off. We are also encouraged to rate and submit sites. Its a little faster than using a search engine, and there is the happy element of surprise. Of course the downside is that you don't get anything else done!!

from The Farm Show website

As I was stumbling around I found an interesting site about a new magazine in the UK, which yielded this article about lawn furniture and how to make it. Now this isn't the kind of furniture you buy and place on your lawn, rather this is made out of turf!! Check out the article. They call is a grass pouffe. Others call it sod furniture, organic furniture, or grass furniture. I guess it would be a bit of a pain to mow/clip, but it sure looks a great conversation piece!! More instructions here.


The article was written by Greg Tate. A quick trip to his website revealed these stunning creations pictured above.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is way cool! I would love to just convert the small slope in my front yard into one of these... I could sit out on the yard, literally, and watch the neighborhood go by!

9:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call it a lawn couch and I reallly, really want to bulid one! I even have a place to "plant" it in my yard. I was going to put in in this spring but ran out of time. When the weather gets cool again, I an hoping to build the form.

Thanks for posting the pics. It gives me some more ideas!

4:50 p.m.  
Blogger Muriel said...

I would love to see pictures when you have them made!!

I unfortunately live in the woods so there are no neighbours to watch as they go by. Just deer.

9:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is so interesting, and i'll check back to read more of it when I have time. I'm new at blogging and can learn from you.
Your photos are great too.
Thanks for sharing.

4:32 p.m.  
Blogger Muriel said...

Rebecca, you are much too kind!! I must admit that such encouragement may be just what is needed for me to make more frequent posts to this blog.

What is your blog address?

6:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home