Sunday, June 11, 2006

Yummy Pics of Roses in Zone 5 (not mine)

Previously I posted a link to a hilarious story known as Pappu's Misadventures with Alfalfa Tea. Well, Pappu has posted pictures of his/her roses in the Rose Gallery at GardenWeb, so I would say that the witches brew worked!

Hedge of Carefree Wonder

Line of roses is Champlain and on the arbour is Ramblin' Red

I have learned that Ramblin' Red was created by the same person that developed Knockout. This is significant because Knockout is totally resistant to blackspot by all accounts. While not a spectacular flower the display is good, the color is good, disease resistance is excellent and it blooms all the time. So if Ramblin' Red is as good, then this is significant for cold climate rose gardeners!!

As for Carefree Wonder, I bought one last summer. It is just about ready to bloom....

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Your roses are stunningly beautiful. Magnificent show.

6:06 a.m.  
Blogger Muriel said...

Alice, I would like to be able to say Thank You, but these are not my roses!! How I wish they were! These are a growing in Illinois.

This post is a follow-up on a link I provided about one rose gardeners hilarious story about making alfalfa tea. With these results, I guess the tea worked!

1:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home