Thursday, August 24, 2006

Rose - Buck's Fizz & Pensioners Voice

I must admit that the last picture was taken with a temporary camera. I now have in my hot little hands, a Canon IS S2. Whoopee!! What an amazing camera it is. I have just begun to explore its uses, but here are a few of my best results to date:

Buck's Fizz

At one time I assumed this must be one of the roses developed by Dr Griffith Buck, but I have not been able to find any mention of it in lists of his roses.

Pensioners Voice (aka Michelle Wright)

I picked up this beauty for $7.50 in early spring this year. It was in a special section labelled as last year's roses. Both this rose and my Iceberg have done extremely well. I will definitely make a special trip there next year. Beats buying them at the end of the season for only 20% off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Great shots of very pretty roses!

8:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home