Monday, October 02, 2006

They are so cute, but....

This shot was taken from inside the house, through a dirty window, and about 55 feet away. Love my camera!!

Usually squirrels make a lot of noise but this year they are totally quiet. I have come to realize that their incessant chatter is a way of drawing out any predators. They make a racket and if no cats appear to be interested, then they figure it is safe to run to the pond for a drink. There they battle with a flock of juvenile robins.

This one just finished dining on apples. We have only a handful of apples this year because they have been up in the tree, eating them before they even fall.

Next year we need to get a younger cat.

5 Comments:

Blogger Naturegirl said...

I adore this photo. I have taken photos and made "Patches" my squirrel visitor an internet star! She"s very well known. I've posted about her several times in
early spring.I have also taken photos of my visitors from the inside perhaps it's because I put peanusts out for them by my door! Yes a cat will cause them to be cautious.

7:01 p.m.  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

I love the squirrel pic, he is glowing in the sunlight...

2:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo!

11:21 a.m.  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

What kind of camera are you using? That's quite a picture.

9:14 a.m.  
Blogger Muriel said...

Thanks for all the kind comments regarding the photo.

Carol (love your little pic above), the camera is a Canon IS S2. I have just decided to devote a post to the camera.

9:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home