Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Fescue?

Since I work for an ornamental grass nursery, I notice grasses on my travels. This grass was carpeting the hillsides at around 1600 mt (5000') in the Middle Atlas.

Festuca ?

It is likely a Festuca however it is not blue enough to be Festuca punctoria. Like F. punctoria its leaves are incredibly stiff and spikey. You would definitely not want to fall on this grass nor can I image any animals grazing on it.

My daughter's foot for a size reference

This area should have been covered in snow. Luckily for us it wasn't.

A photo I grabbed before getting back into
the car. I love Arabic script.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Speaking of fescue, I just received my Blue Fescue (glauca) seeds today from Blotanical Interests! I have no idea where I'm going to plant it yet, but I'm starting the seeds indoors this weekend.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

7:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home