Thursday, February 21, 2008

Palm Trees in Morocco

Please indulge my fascination with palm trees. I am from a snowy climate and we just don't have them here.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe these are dates hanging from this palm tree.

Date Palm

As we drove by many clumps of these I wondered if, since it looked like a palm, could it really be one? I was assured that it was. I should have put something beside it so it was obvious how short it is. I would say it is 12" in height.

Dwarf Palm

If one looked up and studied the palm trees, it was possible to note that they are not all the same. This one had very large drooping leaves.

Drooping palms

A typical scene of palms. I took the pic for the orange tree, cause I realized that I had not taken one yet.

Common palms

And for a little humour. We were on our way to the Marrakech airport when I spotted a few of these. I wish I knew why they felt a need to put really tall fake palms there.

Fake plam tree

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Palm trees so much that My blog is all about me growing all kinds of different palms.

8:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home