Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Winter and the Linden Tree


We have quite a bit of snow for this time of the year. Since it is staying on the trees and looking picture perfect, I am not complaining. A bonus has been some gorgeous sunny days! Time to take out the camera. Just wish I could capture the scene the way it really looks.

The tree is a Linden tree. When we first moved here we naively planted it in the shelter of a number of fir trees. It is an understatement to say I have learned a lot since then!! The Linden now gets more sun and rewards us with the most incredibly delicious scent in the early summer. In the fall the gorgeous yellow leaves cast a golden glow in our house as it sits right outside the window of our dining area. In the winter I hang bird feeders from it and we have a great view of the action. Its many tiny branches catch and hold the snow which in turn shows off the tiny details on the tree. I really like this tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home