Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Congratulations to Duluth, Minnesota

I live on acreage out in the country and have always wondered how I could possibly manage in the city. If I find a rock or stick in my garden, I just huck it over the fence. Just have to make sure it doesn't hit a window. I have wondered about living in town. Tossing rocks into a neighbour's yard may not be a great idea...

So we need to think about the things we have that we don't want and how to dispose of them. I know this is a huge subject, so I will just mention one incredible site I discovered this morning. It has to do with protecting the watershed at the west end of Lake Superior. There is a lot of information on the site, but of particular interest to the average citizen are things like:
  • why not to rake leaves onto the street
  • how to create a raingarden
  • why not to wash your car on a hard surface
  • why to reduce the impervious surfaces on your property

Visit Duluth Streams to see how proactive this city is in preserving its future.

1 Comments:

Blogger _ said...

Hello there!! just dropped in to say hi!!! been busy lately.. :) how have you been doing!!!

11:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home