Saturday, November 19, 2005

Calamagrostis Karl Foerster survived the first snowfall

Usually the first snowfall takes down my beautiful hedge of Karl Foerster, but this year I guess the snow wasn't quite heavy enough to take the "bounce" out of the stems, so it recovered to its full glory within a few hours.

I have been dividing my plants to extend the length of the hedge, hence the plants are still a little small. Now that no more dividing needs to be done, I expect it will just look better every year.

This hedge is close to our deck, where we spend a lot of time in the summer. When there is a breeze blowing the Karl Foerster plants sway beautifully! After a rain or a watering, the flower heads droop badly, but it never ceases to amaze me at how they always return to the upright position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home