Friday, April 21, 2006

Willow Water & Roses - part 8

Thanks to a comment left by Reading Dirt, I explored the links he/she gave me. I have done a lot of research and had already looked at all of those links except for one. And wouldn't you know it, that was the very one that has a great tidbit of info for me.

This link says:
"Step 2: Soak the roots overnight in a bucket of water. If you want, you can add a weak solution of rooting activator which contains synthetic Vitamin B-1 (like SUPERThrive). However, a mild solution of "willow water" will also work - if you have access to willows, that is. This procedure rehydrates the roots. [Hint: If you have added supplements to your soaking water, save the water for use later in the planting process.]"

Not only do I have access to willow, I have some forgotten 2 year old willow water in a sealed jar!! I hear it stinks but I will give it a try.

Today I am expecting my 12 bareroot roses to arrive. I already have water in large buckets, so now I am off to add the willow water. I think I will also make up another batch of willow water and lift some of my roses to soak in it too.

Here are some instructions for making willow water. Oops, it says it keeps for 2 months. Oh well, I will try it anyway.

So thanks Dirty Reading, oops I mean Reading Dirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home