Friday, June 06, 2008

Majorelle Gardens, Marrakech, Morocco

Having heard that Yves Saint-Laurent passed away recently, I was reminded that I had not yet posted pictures of his Majorelle Gardens in Marrakech.

The gardens were originally built in 1924 by artist and serious plant collector Jacques Majorelle. In 1980 Yves Saint-Laurent and Pierre Bergé bought it.

The first view is of these colourful pots, amongst a grove of giant bamboo:




The cobalt blue colour was used often in the gardens, and is named Majorelle bleu, after the artist and designer of the gardens.


More pics soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vims said...

I love the colours =)

7:33 a.m.  
Blogger Weeping Sore said...

What a lavish and lush place to visit, especially as my garden slowly turns brown and starts to dry out. Marrakech is on my list of places to see, but first, I have to make it out to the back yard and do some weeding.

12:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home